This medieval three-naved church might be the work of the building master Andreas Kulpesu from Tallinn. A pseudo-Gothic extension and a new 48 m west tower were added in 1877-1878 by Johann Gottfried Mühlenhausen. The large altarpiece “Holy night“ is a copy of Correggio's famous painting by Sally von Kügelgen. The smaller painting depicts the Christ setting the Eucharist (Carl Siegismund Walther, 1852). The chronicler Christian Kelch served here during the Great Northern War.