This medieval three-naved church might be the work of the building master Andreas Kulpesu from Tallinn. A pseudo-Gothic extension and a new 48 m west tower were added in 1877-1878 by Johann Gottfried MÃ¼hlenhausen. The large altarpiece â€œHoly nightâ€œ is a copy of Correggio's famous painting by Sally von KÃ¼gelgen. The smaller painting depicts the Christ setting the Eucharist (Carl Siegismund Walther, 1852). The chronicler Christian Kelch served here during the Great Northern War.