St Catherine’s Lutheran Church in Vastseliina
Külaoru küla, Võru vald, Võrumaa
Contact: +372 5809 0305, +372 5691 3215
Built: 1772; 1901
A church close to the chapel of Vastseliina fortress – a destination for many medieval pilgrims. An earlier wooden church has been replaced by a Baroque church with a colourful neo-Historical extension (architect R. Pohlmann, 1901). The church has an interesting interior and altar (1922) with the painting “Women on the Grave of Christ”.