St Nicholas’ Lutheran Church in Viru-Nigula

Kunda tee 6, Viru-Nigula, Lääne-Virumaa   

Built: XIII-XVIII

A very old medieval church, damaged by the war and restored in the 1950s. The altar painting “Christ on the Cross” (Paul Raud, 1902) originates from the Church of the Holy Spirit in Tallinn. A number of ring crosses (XVII) in the churchyard. Nearby are the ruins of the oldest stone church in Virumaa – St Mary´s chapel.