St John’s Lutheran Church in Viljandi
Pikk 6, Viljandi, Viljandimaa
Phone: +372 433 3000, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: +372 433 3000, +372 5341 3394
This medieval Franciscan abbey has been a church for the townspeople from the 15th century. The neo-baroque steeple dates from 1815. The congregation was dispossessed of the church at the beginning of the Soviet period and used as a warehouse for furniture. Restored and reconsecrated in 1992, the church and congregation centre has a modern interior. Colourful stained glass (author Renee Aua), tapestries “Jacob’s Ladder” and “Cross carpet” (author Anu Raud).