St Mary’s Lutheran Church in Otepää

Kirikumõis, Otepää, Valgamaa   
Phone: +372 765 5075, e-mail: otepaa@eelk.ee
Contact: +372 765 5075, +372 504 0424

Built: 1860, 1890

The church architecture unites neo-baroque and neo-gothic styles (architect Reinhold Guleke). Altar painting “Christ on the cross” (Theodor Albert Sprengel, 1880), organ by Ernst Kessler (1853). Memorial reliefs on the facade commemorating the consecration of the blue-black-white flag by the Estonian Students Society (Voldemar Mellik, 1934; restored 1989). Estonian Flag Museum in the parsonage. Monument to Jakob Hurt (Villu Jaanisoo, 1989).