St Margaret’s Lutheran Church in Karuse
Karuse küla, Lääneranna vald, Pärnumaa
Phone: +372 502 1305, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: +372 502 1305
Built: XIII, 1859
One of the oldest churches in Läänemaa, in which Otto von Lutterberg, Master of the Livonian Order, was buried in 1270 after being killed in battle. The choir still has its original medieval flair. The west tower was built in 1858-1859; the alteration of the nave dates back to the same time. The church has a carved baroque pulpit (Christian Ackermann, 1697). Christian Ackermann has also carved the figures adorning the Classicist reredos. There are ancient gravestones, lime stone crosses and a chapel in the churchyard.