Lutheran Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Paistu
Phone: +372 507 0293, e-mail: email@example.com
Contact: +372 507 0293
Built: XIII, 1876
According to a folk tale, the church got its name because it was visible from afar. The slender Western spire (architect Matthias von Holst, 1866), the altar painting “Christ on the Cross” (Johann Karl Ludwig Maddaus, 1853) and the modern painting (1903) on the medieval vaults of the choir bear witness to former close cultural relationships with Riga, the capital of Livonia.